This year, the District is celebrating 70 years of conservation and the many things that we and our partners have accomplished in Westmoreland County, including:
- better water quality in hundreds of miles of streams
- stabilized soils on thousands of acres of land
- more well-stewarded forests and woodlands
- more stored and infiltrated stormwater to minimize flooding
- more productive farms, and
- many lands reclaimed that had once been covered with coal waste.
We created a display of conservation over the years…a look at “then and now”…and a list of names of many of the people who have contributed outstanding effort to conserving our natural resources.
We invite you to stop in during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m.–noon and 1 p.m.-4 p.m.) to see these.